Here’s a table for 2015 Chevy Cruze Engine Models:
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|1.8L||5W-30||5.0 / 4.7|
|1.4L Turbo||5W-30||4.0 / 3.8|
What kind of oil does a 2015 Chevy Cruze take?
The 2015 Chevy Cruze requires Dexos1 Gen2 5W-30 engine oil, as recommended by the manufacturer. This is a synthetic blend oil that offers superior protection to the engine.
Some suitable oil brands for the 2015 Chevy Cruze include:
- Mobil 1
- Pennzoil Platinum
- Valvoline High Mileage Synthetic Blend
- Castrol Edge
For a full oil change, the 1.4L turbo engine requires approximately 4.0 quarts (3.8 liters) of oil, while the 1.8L engine requires approximately 5.0 quarts (4.7 liters) of oil.
How often do you change the oil on a 2015 Chevy Cruze?
According to most professional mechanics and the manufacturer’s recommendations, it is generally recommended to change the oil in a 2015 Chevy Cruze every 7,500 miles (12,000 kilometers) or every 12 months, whichever comes first.
However, it’s always best to consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for specific recommendations based on your driving conditions and habits. For example, if you frequently drive in severe conditions such as extreme temperatures, dusty environments, or stop-and-go traffic, your oil change frequency may need to be more frequent.
Regular oil changes are important to keep your engine running smoothly and efficiently, and to prevent premature wear and tear on engine components.
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2015 Chevy Cruze in the US?
The cost of an oil and filter change for a 2015 Chevy Cruze can vary depending on several factors such as the location, the type of oil used, and whether you take it to a dealership or an independent mechanic.
On average, you can expect to pay between $50 to $80 for a standard oil and filter change at a reputable service center in the US. However, prices may be higher in certain areas or if you opt for more expensive synthetic oil or premium filters.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2015 Chevy Cruze?
In addition to following the recommended oil change intervals, there are several signs you can look out for that may indicate it’s time for an oil change in your 2015 Chevy Cruze:
- Dark or dirty oil: Over time, engine oil can become contaminated with dirt, debris, and other contaminants, causing it to darken in color. If you notice your oil is noticeably dark or dirty, this can be a sign that it’s time for a change.
- Engine noise: If you hear unusual engine noises such as knocking or ticking sounds, this may be due to low or dirty oil. Fresh oil helps lubricate engine components and reduce friction, so if you hear any strange noises, it’s best to get your oil checked and changed if necessary.
- Poor performance: If you notice a decrease in acceleration or power, this could be due to dirty or low oil affecting engine performance.
- Oil smell in the cabin: If you smell burning oil inside the cabin of your vehicle, this may be a sign of an oil leak or an issue with your oil filter. In either case, it’s best to get your vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic.