Here is a table for the 2019 Chevy Malibu Engine Models with their recommended oil type and oil capacity (with filter):
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|1.5L Turbo||Dexos1 Gen2 0W-20||4.0 quarts / 3.8 liters|
|2.0L Turbo||Dexos2 5W-30||6.0 quarts / 5.7 liters|
|Hybrid||Dexos1 Gen2 0W-20||4.5 quarts / 4.3 liters|
What kind of oil does a 2019 Chevy Malibu take?
The 2019 Chevy Malibu takes different types of oil depending on the engine model. Here are the oil types and requirements according to the manufacturer:
- For the 1.5L turbocharged engine: Dexos1 Gen2 0W-20 oil is recommended. The oil capacity with filter is 4.0 quarts (3.8 liters).
- For the 2.0L turbocharged engine: Dexos2 5W-30 oil is recommended. The oil capacity with filter is 6.0 quarts (5.7 liters).
- For the hybrid engine: Dexos1 Gen2 0W-20 oil is recommended. The oil capacity with filter is 4.5 quarts (4.3 liters).
It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations to ensure proper engine performance and longevity.
Here are a few oil brands that are suitable for the 2019 Chevy Malibu:
- Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Castrol Edge Full Synthetic Motor Oil
To complete a full oil change, you will need to refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the exact amount of oil required for your specific engine model. Typically, it will be around 4 to 6 quarts (3.8 to 5.7 liters) depending on the engine model and oil capacity.
How often do you change the oil on a 2019 Chevy Malibu?
According to professional mechanics and the manufacturer’s recommendations, the oil on a 2019 Chevy Malibu should be changed approximately every 7,500 miles (12,000 kilometers) or once per year, whichever comes first. However, this can vary depending on driving conditions such as extreme temperatures, dusty environments, and towing heavy loads.
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2019 Chevy Malibu in the US?
The cost of an oil change for a 2019 Chevy Malibu can vary depending on different factors such as the location, type of oil, and where you take your vehicle for service. On average, the cost for a standard oil change with conventional oil may be around $30 to $50, while a synthetic blend or full synthetic oil change may cost between $60 to $100 or more.
Additionally, if you go to a dealership for service, the cost for an oil change may be higher compared to going to a local mechanic or oil change shop. Some dealerships may charge up to $100 or more for an oil change using synthetic oil.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2019 Chevy Malibu?
In addition to the mileage-based recommendations, there are several signs that indicate it’s time for an oil change in a 2019 Chevy Malibu. Here are some of the most common signs:
- Dark, dirty oil: If the oil on your dipstick looks dark or dirty, it may be time for an oil change. Over time, oil can break down and become contaminated with debris and contaminants.
- Engine noise: As oil breaks down, it can no longer perform its job of lubricating engine components. This can cause increased friction and wear, which can result in engine noise.
- Oil warning light: If the oil warning light appears on your dashboard, this could indicate that the oil pressure is low, or that the oil needs to be changed.
- Burning smell: If you notice a burning smell coming from the engine, it could be a sign of old or dirty oil. Overheating and other mechanical issues can also cause a burning smell, so it’s important to have your vehicle checked by a professional.
- Poor fuel economy: If you notice that your fuel economy has decreased, it could be a sign that your engine is not running efficiently. Old or dirty oil can contribute to decreased fuel economy.