Here’s a table for 2019 Toyota Sienna Engine Models:
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|3.5L V6||0W-20||6.4 / 6.1|
What kind of oil does a 2019 Toyota Sienna take?
The 2019 Toyota Sienna is equipped with a 3.5L V6 engine. According to the manufacturer’s specifications, this engine requires SAE 0W-20 synthetic motor oil.
As for the amount of oil needed for a complete oil change, the 2019 Toyota Sienna requires approximately 6.4 quarts (about 6.1 liters) of oil when the filter is also replaced.
There are several high-quality oil brands suitable for this vehicle. They include:
- Mobil 1: Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20.
- Castrol EDGE: Castrol EDGE Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20.
- Valvoline: Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 0W-20 Motor Oil.
- Royal Purple: Royal Purple High-Performance Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20.
- Pennzoil: Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil.
How often do you change the oil on a 2019 Toyota Sienna?
For a 2019 Toyota Sienna, which typically uses synthetic oil, many professional mechanics and the vehicle manufacturer suggest an oil change interval of every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first.
However, these guidelines can vary depending on your driving conditions. For example, if you regularly drive in dusty conditions, have a lot of stop-and-go city driving, or frequently make short trips (less than 5 miles), then it’s recommended to change the oil more frequently, perhaps every 5,000 miles or 6 months.
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2019 Toyota Sienna in the US?
The cost of an oil change can vary depending on your location in the US, the type of oil used, and whether you’re going to a dealership, a private mechanic, or doing it yourself.
- At a Toyota dealership, an oil and filter change might cost around $60 to $120. Dealerships sometimes offer coupons or specials that can reduce this cost.
- At a local auto repair shop or quick lube type place, you might expect to pay somewhere around $40 to $80.
- If you’re comfortable doing it yourself, the cost of oil and a new filter would typically run you around $30 to $60. This depends on the brand and type of oil, as synthetic oil (recommended for your vehicle) is generally more expensive than conventional oil.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2019 Toyota Sienna?
Aside from following the recommended mileage or time interval for oil changes, there are several signs that your 2019 Toyota Sienna may need an oil change:
- Check Engine or Oil Change Light: The most direct sign is if your “Check Engine” or “Oil Change” light illuminates on your dashboard. Modern vehicles have systems in place to monitor oil life.
- Dirty Oil: Clean oil should be relatively clear and somewhat amber in color. You can check the oil manually using the dipstick. If it’s very dark, almost black, or has particles in it, it’s time for an oil change.
- Loud Engine Noise: Oil lubricates your engine and helps it run smoothly. If your oil is old or low, you might hear increased engine noise or a knocking sound.
- Oil Smell Inside the Car: If you’re smelling oil inside the car, it could be a sign that you have an oil leak. If the smell is accompanied by the smell of gas or exhaust fumes, the vehicle may be overheating, and the oil might be burning in the exhaust area.
- Exhaust Smoke: While some translucent vapor in the cold weather is normal, noticeable smoke is not. This could indicate an oil leak and a potentially serious problem.
- Oil Level Drops: If you find that you’re having to add oil more frequently than usual, that could be a sign that your oil is burning up too quickly, there’s a leak, or there’s an issue with the oil system.
2019 Toyota Sienna Oil Change (Video)