Here’s a table for the 2021 Toyota Camry engine models, including the recommended oil type and oil capacity with a filter.
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|2.5L 4-Cylinder||0W-20 Full Synthetic||4.9/4.6|
|3.5L V6||0W-20 Full Synthetic||4.9/4.6|
What kind of oil does a 2021 Toyota Camry take?
The 2021 Toyota Camry typically requires SAE 0W-20, which is a synthetic motor oil. This type of oil provides the best protection at all temperatures as well as improved fuel economy.
Some suitable brands that offer this type of oil include:
- Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
- Castrol EDGE Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
- Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 0W-20 Motor Oil
- Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
- Royal Purple High-Performance Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
The 2021 Toyota Camry’s engine has an oil capacity of approximately 4.6 liters or 4.9 quarts for a complete oil and filter change.
How often do you change the oil on a 2021 Toyota Camry?
Most professional mechanics and manufacturers, including Toyota, recommend changing the oil in your vehicle approximately every 5,000 to 7,500 miles under normal driving conditions. However, this can depend on the type of oil you use and the conditions you typically drive under.
If you use synthetic oil, which is typically recommended for newer vehicles like the 2021 Toyota Camry, you might be able to go up to 10,000 miles between oil changes. But always consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s specific recommendations.
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2021 Toyota Camry in the US?
The cost to change the oil and filter on a 2021 Toyota Camry can vary depending on a few factors. Here are some general cost estimates:
- At a quick-lube oil change service, you might expect to pay around $40 to $70 for conventional oil and $70 to $100 for synthetic oil.
- At a local mechanic, the cost might be slightly higher, possibly $80 to $100 for conventional oil and $100 to $120 for synthetic oil.
- At a dealership, the cost can be even higher, potentially $100 to $120 for conventional oil and $130 to $150 for synthetic oil.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2021 Toyota Camry?
While mileage is the most common indicator for when to change your oil, there are other signs that your 2021 Toyota Camry may need an oil change:
- Check Engine or Oil Change Light: The most obvious sign is when your “Check Engine” or “Oil Change” light illuminates on your dashboard. The 2021 Toyota Camry comes with a maintenance reminder system that alerts you when it’s time for an oil change.
- Dark and Dirty Oil: Clean oil is amber in color and somewhat transparent. Over time, oil becomes dark and dirty from collecting debris from the engine. You can check the condition of your oil by removing the dipstick, wiping it clean, reinserting it, and then removing it again to check the color.
- Loud Engine Noise and Knocking: Oil provides a protective layer between engine parts, preventing them from coming into direct contact with each other and reducing noise. If your oil isn’t providing adequate lubrication, you might hear increased engine noise or even a knocking sound.
- Oil Smell Inside the Car: If you’re smelling oil inside the car, it could be a sign that your car is burning oil, which could indicate a leak. This is a serious issue that needs immediate attention.
- Exhaust Smoke: While it’s normal to see some vapour coming out of the tailpipe when the weather is cold, actual smoke is a sign of a problem. It could be due to an oil leak or faulty parts in the engine.
- Excessive Mileage: If you’re driving more than usual, especially under high-stress conditions like towing or in high temperatures, you may need to change the oil more frequently.