Here’s a table for 2021 Toyota Highlander Engine Models:
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|2.5L 4-cylinder||0W-16||4.4 / 4.2|
|3.5L V6||0W-20||6.4 / 6.1|
- 1 What kind of oil does a 2021 Toyota Highlander take?
- 2 How often do you change the oil on a 2021 Toyota Highlander?
- 3 How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2021 Toyota Highlander in the US?
- 4 What are the signs of an oil change in the 2021 Toyota Highlander?
- 5 2021 Toyota Highlander Oil Change (Video)
What kind of oil does a 2021 Toyota Highlander take?
The 2021 Toyota Highlander requires synthetic 0W-20 oil as per the manufacturer’s requirements. The oil must meet the API SN Plus, SN, or ILSAC GF-5 performance standards.
Here are a few oil brands that are suitable for the 2021 Toyota Highlander:
- Mobil 1
- Pennzoil Platinum
- Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic
- Castrol Edge
To complete a full oil change on a 2021 Toyota Highlander, you will need approximately 6.4 quarts (6.1 liters) of oil.
How often do you change the oil on a 2021 Toyota Highlander?
According to professional mechanics, the recommended oil change interval for a 2021 Toyota Highlander is every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. However, it’s important to note that this interval may vary based on your driving habits and conditions. If you frequently drive in severe conditions (such as extreme temperatures, dusty environments, or stop-and-go traffic), you may need to change your oil more frequently.
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2021 Toyota Highlander in the US?
The cost of an oil change and filter replacement for a 2021 Toyota Highlander can vary depending on several factors, such as your location, the type of oil and filter used, and whether you go to a dealership or an independent mechanic.
On average, you can expect to pay between 50$ and 100$ for a standard oil change using conventional oil and a standard oil filter. If you opt for synthetic oil or a premium oil filter, the cost may be higher, typically ranging from 75$ to 150$.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2021 Toyota Highlander?
In addition to monitoring mileage, there are several signs that may indicate that it’s time for an oil change in your 2021 Toyota Highlander. These signs include:
- Dark, dirty oil: If the oil on the dipstick appears dark and dirty, it’s a sign that it’s time for an oil change. Fresh oil is typically amber in color, and over time it will become darker as it becomes contaminated with dirt and debris.
- Engine noise: If you notice an increase in engine noise or knocking, it could be a sign that your engine is not receiving sufficient lubrication. This can be caused by old or dirty oil that is no longer providing adequate protection.
- Warning lights: Your Highlander’s dashboard warning lights may illuminate if there is an issue with your oil. If you see the oil pressure warning light or the check engine light, it’s important to have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible.
- Reduced fuel economy: Old, dirty oil can cause your engine to work harder than it needs to, which can lead to reduced fuel economy. If you notice that you’re getting fewer miles per gallon than usual, it could be a sign that it’s time for an oil change.