Here’s a table for 2022 Chevy Equinox Engine Models:
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|1.5L Turbo||dexos1 Gen 2 Full Synthetic 5W-30||5.0 / 4.7|
|2.0L Turbo||dexos1 Gen 2 Full Synthetic 5W-30||6.0 / 5.7|
What kind of oil does a 2022 Chevy Equinox take?
The 2022 Chevy Equinox takes dexos1 Gen 2 Full Synthetic 5W-30 oil. The manufacturer recommends using this type of oil to ensure optimal engine performance and fuel efficiency.
Some suitable oil brands for the 2022 Chevy Equinox include:
- Mobil 1 Extended Performance
- Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic
- Royal Purple HMX High Mileage Synthetic Motor Oil
- Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic
To complete a full oil change on a 2022 Chevy Equinox, you will need approximately 5 quarts (4.7 liters) of oil with the 1.5L Turbo engine or 6 quarts (5.7 liters) of oil with the 2.0L Turbo engine.
How often do you change the oil on a 2022 Chevy Equinox?
According to professional mechanics, the recommended oil change interval for a 2022 Chevy Equinox is every 7,500 miles (12,000 kilometers) or every 12 months, whichever comes first. However, if you frequently drive in severe conditions such as extreme temperatures, dusty roads, or towing heavy loads, it’s recommended to have your oil changed more frequently, possibly around every 3,000 miles (4,800 kilometers).
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2022 Chevy Equinox in the US?
The cost to change the oil and filter on a 2022 Chevy Equinox can vary depending on several factors, such as the location, type of oil and filter used, and labor rates. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $40 to $100 for a standard oil and filter change at a dealership or an independent repair shop in the United States.
However, if you opt for synthetic oil, which is the recommended oil for the 2022 Chevy Equinox, the cost may be slightly higher, usually ranging from $60 to $120.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2022 Chevy Equinox?
In addition to paying attention to the recommended mileage for an oil change, there are several signs you can look out for that may indicate it’s time for an oil change in a 2022 Chevy Equinox:
- Low Oil Level: If the oil level appears low on the dipstick or the oil warning light comes on, it may be time for an oil change.
- Dirty Oil: If the oil appears dark and dirty on the dipstick, it may be time for an oil change. Generally, the oil should have a clear and amber color when new.
- Engine Noise: If you hear unusual engine noise such as knocking or ticking, it may indicate that the oil is old and dirty, and not lubricating the engine properly.
- Poor Fuel Economy: Dirty or old oil can cause the engine to work harder, resulting in decreased fuel economy.
- Exhaust Smoke: If you notice excessive smoke coming from the exhaust, it may be a sign of contaminated oil that needs changing.