Here’s a table for the 2022 Toyota Camry engine models, including the recommended oil type and oil capacity with a filter.
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|2.5L 4-Cylinder||0W-20 Full Synthetic||4.9/4.6|
|3.5L V6||0W-20 Full Synthetic||4.9/4.6|
What kind of oil does a 2022 Toyota Camry take?
Generally, Toyota recommends SAE 0W-20 synthetic oil for most recent Camry models. This oil provides good protection for the engine at all temperatures and can help improve fuel economy.
Some brands that provide this type of oil include:
- Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
- Castrol EDGE Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
- Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 0W-20 Motor Oil
- Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
- Royal Purple High-Performance Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
As for the oil capacity, recent Camry models typically require around 4.6 liters or 4.9 quarts of oil for a full oil and filter change. This can vary slightly depending on the specific engine model.
How often do you change the oil on a 2022 Toyota Camry?
Most Toyota vehicles, including recent models of the Camry, have recommended oil change intervals of approximately every 5,000 to 7,500 miles under normal driving conditions.
This can depend on factors such as the type of oil you use and the conditions you typically drive under. If you use synthetic oil, which is usually recommended for newer vehicles, you may be able to go up to 10,000 miles between oil changes.
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2022 Toyota Camry in the US?
The general cost estimates are as follows:
- At a quick-lube oil change service, you might expect to pay around $40 to $70 for conventional oil and $70 to $100 for synthetic oil.
- At a local mechanic, the cost might be slightly higher, possibly $80 to $100 for conventional oil and $100 to $120 for synthetic oil.
- At a dealership, the cost can be even higher, potentially $100 to $120 for conventional oil and $130 to $150 for synthetic oil.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2022 Toyota Camry?
While mileage is the most common indicator for when to change your oil, there are other signs that your 2022 Toyota Camry may need an oil change:
- Check Engine or Oil Change Light: The most direct sign is when your “Check Engine” or “Oil Change” light illuminates on your dashboard. The Toyota Camry is equipped with a maintenance reminder system that alerts you when it’s time for an oil change.
- Dark and Dirty Oil: Clean oil is amber in color and somewhat transparent. As it collects debris from the engine, the oil becomes darker and dirty. You can check the oil condition by removing the dipstick, wiping it clean, reinserting it, and then pulling it out again to check the color.
- Loud Engine Noise and Knocking: Oil provides a protective layer between engine parts, preventing direct contact and reducing noise. If your oil isn’t providing adequate lubrication, you might notice increased engine noise or even a knocking sound.
- Oil Smell Inside the Car: If you’re smelling oil inside the car, it’s possible that your car is burning oil, which could indicate a leak. This is a serious issue that needs immediate attention.
- Exhaust Smoke: It’s normal to see some vapor from the tailpipe when the weather is cold, but actual smoke is a sign of a problem. It could be due to an oil leak or faulty parts in the engine.
- Excessive Mileage: If you’re driving more than usual, particularly under high-stress conditions like towing or in high temperatures, you may need to change the oil more frequently.