Here’s a table for 2022 Toyota Highlander Engine Models:
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|2.5L 4-cylinder||0W-16||4.4 / 4.2|
|3.5L V6||0W-20||6.4 / 6.1|
- 1 What kind of oil does a 2022 Toyota Highlander take?
- 2 How often do you change the oil on a 2022 Toyota Highlander?
- 3 How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2022 Toyota Highlander in the US?
- 4 What are the signs of an oil change in the 2022 Toyota Highlander?
- 5 2022 Toyota Highlander Oil Change (Video)
What kind of oil does a 2022 Toyota Highlander take?
The 2022 Toyota Highlander requires synthetic oil. The manufacturer recommends using 0W-16 synthetic oil for the 2.5L 4-cylinder engine and 0W-20 synthetic oil for the 3.5L V6 engine. The oil should also meet the performance standards of API SN Plus, SN, or ILSAC GF-5.
Some suitable oil brands for the 2022 Toyota Highlander include Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic, and Castrol Edge.
To complete a full oil change on a 2022 Toyota Highlander, you will need approximately 4.4 quarts (4.2 liters) of oil for the 2.5L 4-cylinder engine and 6.4 quarts (6.1 liters) of oil for the 3.5L V6 engine.
How often do you change the oil on a 2022 Toyota Highlander?
According to professional mechanics, the recommended oil change interval for the 2022 Toyota Highlander is every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. However, this can vary depending on driving conditions and habits. For instance, if you frequently drive in extreme temperatures or engage in heavy towing or hauling, you may need to change the oil more frequently.
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2022 Toyota Highlander in the US?
The cost of an oil change for a 2022 Toyota Highlander can vary depending on where you live and where you take your vehicle for service. On average, you can expect to pay between 50$ and 100$ for a standard oil change that includes the cost of oil and a new oil filter. However, the cost may be higher if you opt for a premium synthetic oil or if your vehicle requires additional maintenance services.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2022 Toyota Highlander?
In addition to tracking the mileage on your 2022 Toyota Highlander, there are a few other signs that may indicate that it’s time for an oil change:
- Dark, dirty oil: If you check your oil level and notice that it’s dark and dirty, this may be a sign that it’s time for an oil change. Fresh oil is typically a light amber color, so if the oil in your engine looks black or brown and gritty, it’s definitely time for a change.
- Engine noise: As the oil in your engine breaks down and becomes less effective at lubricating your engine’s moving parts, you may start to hear more engine noise than usual. This could include knocking or ticking sounds, which may be a sign that your engine is not getting the lubrication it needs.
- Warning lights: If your vehicle’s oil pressure warning light comes on or if the check engine light illuminates, this could be a sign that your engine is not getting enough oil or that the oil needs to be changed.