Here’s a table for the 2020 Toyota Corolla Engine Models with oil type and oil capacity:
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|1.8L 4-cyl.||0W-16||4.4 quarts / 4.2 liters|
|2.0L 4-cyl.||0W-16||4.4 quarts / 4.2 liters|
- 1 What kind of oil does a 2020 Toyota Corolla take?
- 2 How often do you change the oil on a 2020 Toyota Corolla?
- 3 How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2020 Toyota Corolla in the US?
- 4 What are the signs of an oil change in the 2020 Toyota Corolla?
- 5 2020 Toyota Corolla Oil Change (Video)
What kind of oil does a 2020 Toyota Corolla take?
The 2020 Toyota Corolla requires 0W-20 oil . Toyota recommends using oil that meets the requirements of Toyota’s Standard (TAS or TSO), American Petroleum Institute (API), International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC), or the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) .
Here are a few oil brands which are suitable for a 2020 Toyota Corolla:
- Toyota Genuine 0w-20 Synthetic Motor Oil
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
- Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
- Castrol EDGE Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
- Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
To complete a full oil change, you will need 4.4 quarts (or 4.2 liters) of oil with a new filter .
How often do you change the oil on a 2020 Toyota Corolla?
According to Toyota’s recommended maintenance schedule, the oil should be changed every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first, for a 2020 Toyota Corolla . However, it’s always a good idea to consult with a certified Toyota mechanic as they may have different recommendations based on factors like driving conditions, frequency of use, and other individual factors.
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2020 Toyota Corolla in the US?
Oil change prices can vary depending on the location, the type of oil used, and the labor rates at the service center. However, as an estimate, a basic oil change for a 2020 Toyota Corolla typically costs between $30 to $50 at a dealership or auto service center in the USA. This price range usually includes the cost of a new oil filter, labor charges, and up to 5 quarts of 0W-20 synthetic motor oil. If other services or additional oil are required, the cost may increase.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2020 Toyota Corolla?
Here are a few signs that you may need an oil change for your 2020 Toyota Corolla:
- Engine oil indicator light: Your Corolla’s dashboard will have an engine oil indicator light that illuminates when the oil level is low or when the oil has deteriorated and needs to be changed. If this light appears, it’s important to check the oil level and consult with a certified Toyota mechanic.
- Unusual engine noises: If you hear unusual noises from the engine, such as knocking or ticking sounds, it may be a sign that the oil is too old and dirty and needs to be changed.
- Dark, dirty oil: If you check the oil on the dipstick and it appears dark and dirty, it may be a sign to change the oil. New oil is typically amber-colored and translucent.
- Decreased fuel economy: If you notice that your Corolla’s fuel economy has decreased, it may be a sign that the oil needs to be changed. Old and dirty oil can reduce engine efficiency and cause the engine to work harder, resulting in reduced fuel economy.
- Exhaust smoke: If you notice excessive exhaust smoke, it could be a sign that the oil is old and needs to be changed. Additionally, it’s important to check and make sure that the correct oil type and viscosity are being used as using the wrong oil can also cause smoke.