Here is a table for the 2021 Chevy Malibu Engine Models with their recommended oil type and oil capacity (with filter):
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|1.5L L4||Dexos 1 Gen 2 0W-20||4.0 quarts / 3.8 liters|
|2.0L L4||Dexos 1 Gen 2 0W-20||5.5 quarts / 5.2 liters|
What kind of oil does a 2021 Chevy Malibu take?
The 2021 Chevy Malibu requires Dexos 1 Gen 2 0W-20 oil, which is a fully synthetic oil designed to meet the manufacturer’s requirements for optimal engine performance and fuel efficiency.
Some suitable oil brands that meet these requirements include:
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy 0W-20
- Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-20
- Valvoline SynPower Full Synthetic 0W-20
To complete a full oil change on a 2021 Chevy Malibu, you will need approximately 4 to 5.5 quarts (or 3.8 to 5.2 liters) of oil depending on the engine model, as indicated in the table I provided earlier.
How often do you change the oil on a 2021 Chevy Malibu?
The recommended oil change interval for a 2021 Chevy Malibu varies depending on the driving conditions and habits of the driver. However, as per most professional mechanics, it is generally recommended to change the oil in a 2021 Chevy Malibu every 7,500 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first.
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2021 Chevy Malibu in the US?
The cost of changing the oil and filter on a 2021 Chevy Malibu can vary depending on several factors such as your location, the type of oil and filter you choose, and where you get the service done. However, generally speaking, the cost of an oil change for a 2021 Chevy Malibu in the US can range from $30 to $70.
If you go to a dealership or a certified service center, the cost will typically be higher due to the use of OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts and labor costs. On the other hand, if you go to an independent or quick lube shop, the cost may be lower but they may not use high-quality parts or provide the same level of service.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2021 Chevy Malibu?
In addition to paying attention to the mileage on your 2021 Chevy Malibu, there are several signs that may indicate it’s time for an oil change. Here are a few things to watch out for:
- Dark or dirty oil: As oil gets older, it can become darker and more contaminated with dirt, debris, and other particles. Check your oil level and color regularly by pulling out the dipstick. If the oil is dark brown or black and has a gritty texture, it’s time for an oil change.
- Engine noises: If you notice strange engine noises such as knocking, tapping, or rumbling sounds, it could be a sign of low or dirty oil. The engine components need proper lubrication from clean oil to function properly, and if the oil is low or dirty, it can cause friction and wear on the engine parts.
- Oil smell inside the car: If you notice a strong oil smell inside the car while driving, it could be a sign of an oil leak or that your oil needs to be changed. Check under the hood for any signs of oil leaks or stains.
- Warning lights: If the “Check Engine” light or the oil pressure warning light comes on, it could be a sign that your oil needs to be changed. These warning lights can indicate low oil pressure or other issues related to your engine oil.