Here is a table for the 2022 Chevy Silverado Engine Models with their recommended oil type and oil capacity (with filter):
|Engine Model||Oil Type||Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts/liters)|
|4.3L V6||Synthetic Blend 5W-30 or 0W-20||5 quarts / 4.7 liters|
|2.7L Turbocharged 4-cylinder||Dexos1 Gen2 0W-20||6 quarts / 5.7 liters|
|5.3L V8||Synthetic Blend 5W-30 or Dexos1 Gen2 0W-20||6 quarts / 5.7 liters|
|6.2L V8||Full Synthetic Dexos1 Gen2 0W-20||8 quarts / 7.6 liters|
|Duramax 3.0L Diesel||DexosD 0W-20||7 quarts / 6.6 liters|
- 1 What kind of oil does a 2022 Chevy Silverado take?
- 2 How often do you change the oil on a 2022 Chevy Silverado?
- 3 How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2022 Chevy Silverado in the US?
- 4 What are the signs of an oil change in the 2022 Chevy Silverado?
- 5 2022 Chevy Silverado Oil Change (Video)
What kind of oil does a 2022 Chevy Silverado take?
The 2022 Chevy Silverado requires synthetic blend or full synthetic oil meeting the GM dexos1 Gen 2 specification. According to Chevrolet’s official website, the recommended viscosity grade for the engine oil is typically 0W-20, but some engine models can also use 5W-30.
Here are a few oil brands that are suitable for the 2022 Chevy Silverado:
- Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil
- Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage with MaxLife Technology Motor Oil
- Royal Purple HMX High Mileage Synthetic Motor Oil
To complete a full oil change in a 2022 Chevy Silverado, you will need approximately 6 quarts (5.7 liters) of oil for most engine models.
How often do you change the oil on a 2022 Chevy Silverado?
According to Chevrolet’s official website, the recommended oil change interval for a 2022 Chevy Silverado is every 7,500 miles (or 12,000 km) under normal driving conditions, or every 5,000 miles (or 8,000 km) under severe driving conditions.
However, the actual oil change frequency may vary depending on a variety of factors such as driving habits, operating conditions, and the type of oil used. Some professional mechanics may recommend more frequent oil changes (e.g. every 3,000 miles) for certain driving conditions or for vehicles that are subjected to heavy use.
How much will it cost to change oil and filter on a 2022 Chevy Silverado in the US?
The cost of an oil change for a 2022 Chevy Silverado in the US can vary depending on several factors, such as the location, type of oil used, and labor costs.
On average, the cost of an oil change and filter replacement for a 2022 Chevy Silverado is between $50 to $100 at a dealership. If you go to a local repair shop or quick lube facility, it may cost slightly less.
However, the cost could be higher if synthetic or high-mileage oil is used or if additional services are needed, such as replacing other filters or performing a vehicle inspection.
What are the signs of an oil change in the 2022 Chevy Silverado?
In addition to the recommended mileage intervals, there are several signs that you should pay attention to that may indicate it’s time for an oil change in your 2022 Chevy Silverado:
- Engine oil light: If the engine oil light on your dashboard comes on, it could indicate low oil pressure or a low oil level, which may be a sign that it’s time for an oil change.
- Unusual engine noise: If you hear unusual engine noises, such as knocking or ticking sounds, it could be a sign that your engine oil is dirty or low.
- Dark, dirty oil: If the engine oil on your dipstick appears dark and dirty, it may be a sign that it’s time for an oil change.
- Burning smell: If you smell burning oil when driving your vehicle, it could indicate that the oil is old and needs to be changed.
- Poor fuel economy: Old or dirty engine oil can cause your vehicle to use more fuel than usual, so if you notice a decrease in your fuel economy, it could be a sign that it’s time for an oil change.